Introduction to public finance senior public officers
Objectives Introduce the basic financial concepts and double entry system. Upscale the knowledge to understand profitability, cashflows, financial position. Upscale
- Introduce the basic financial concepts and double entry system.
- Upscale the knowledge to understand profitability, cashflows, financial position.
- Upscale their skills to analyze financial performances with simple ratios and trend
- Improve knowledge to understand the financial logics in Strategic Decision Making
- Improve knowledge and upscale skills in budgeting and forecasting
- Empowered to communicate with the relevant stakeholders
- Improved environment for quality decision making and governance
- Understand economic environment and clarity in financial goals
- Improved budgeting and planning process
- Clarity in understanding company performance analyze competition.
- Improved ability to drive performance and supervision of business operations
Areas to be Covered
- Fundamental accounting concepts
- Cash and Accrual Basis of Accounting
- Introduction to Public Finance
- Economic environment relevant to state institutions
- Value for Money – Economy, Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Profitability, Financial Position and Cash flow Statements
- Interpretation of Financial Statements with Ratios, Trend and Variance Analyses
- Public Budgeting, Financial Decision Making and Capital Expenditure.
- Presentations and discussions with practical examples
- Individual Exercises, Group exercises and discussions
- Case Studies, Scenario Discussions, Role Plays and evaluations
Chairpersons, Directors, Senior Managers and Managers
- Duration 2 day
- Max Students 30
- Enrolled 0
- Re-take Course 0
- Assessments Self